By G&A Institute
Welcome Our New Hires
Last year we expanded our team with many talented members, seven in total, that we are proud to call a part of G&A. Starting from the top and going clockwise, Chloe Aldrich, Natalia Milani Menezes, Christina Carlton, Landon Hopkins, Annie Roberts, Daniela Palma Yrigoyen, and Faythe Missick. View Team
G&A Institute Sponsors the North American Launch of 2023 Carrot & Sticks Research
In September 2023 during Climate Week in NYC, G&A partnered with GRI and Baruch College/CUNY to host the North American launch event for the updated 2023 “Carrots & Sticks” research.
This research contains an in-depth analysis of regulations and policies from over 130 countries, nearly 80 international and regional organizations, and in 38 languages of mandatory and voluntary policies that shape the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) impact of businesses worldwide. Learn More
Congratulations to Key Team Members
As our team grows, so do our employees. We are proud to announce promotions for three integral team members. Starting from the top and going clockwise, Kirstie Dabbs was promoted to Vice President of Sustainability Consulting; Alizah Mooman and Charlotte Perrottey were both promoted to Senior Sustainability Analyst. Congrats team! We are proud of you. View Team
A Retreat Years in the Making and Well Worth the Wait
G&A’s senior team members spent quality time together on an experiential retreat in New York City in October, where many long-time colleagues met in person for the first time.
We went to the roots of ESG investing with a trip to the New York Stock Exchange. We enhanced our sustainability knowledge with a tour of One Vanderbilt Place, our client SL Green’s state-of-the-art LEED Platinum certified building, and did a guided climate change boat tour around Manhattan. We made time for team-building exercises too, facing off in a chopstick skills challenge and cooperating to make ravioli at the Institute of Culinary Education. After all, teamwork is our bread and butter!
We look forward to the adventures 2024 holds for us as a group and in the great relationships we enjoy with our clients.
Sustainability Trends Report
G&A is pleased to share the 12th annual edition of our research series tracking the sustainability reporting trends of the largest U.S. publicly-traded companies. A record 98% of S&P 500® companies and 90% of Total Russell 1000 companies published ESG reports in 2022. View Report
Louis Coppola Led Panel at Reuters 2023 Responsible Business Summit
Joined by Matthew Rusk, Head of North America, GRI, and Emily Kreps, Managing Director, Head of ESG, Americas, Deutsche Bank, G&A’s Louis Coppola led the panel on EU sustainability reporting requirements and the impact on companies at Reuters’ annual Responsible Business Summit held in New York City in April 2023. The discussion included:
- What these requirements will demand from U.S. companies to disclose
- How to get ahead of the competition and prepare reporting infrastructure for the expansion of the CSRD
- Explored the best tools and systems already available to companies for implementation to future-proof reporting practices
Looking Ahead at 2024
Make sure to follow G&A so you stay in the know about what’s coming up in 2024. If you see us at an event, please be sure to stop and say Hi!
- US SIF: NYC Networking (January | NYC)
- G&A Webinar Series: Navigating the Sustainability Disclosure Regulatory Environment in 2024 (Kicking off in February)
- IFRS Sustainability Symposium (February | NYC)
- Louis Coppola @ Responsible Business USA 2024 moderating Standardized, transparent reporting: Coordination of regulations & standards (March | NYC)
- Publishing of the Sustainability in Focus Report on 2023 Reporting Trends (Fall 2024)
- Stay tuned as more is to be announced…