This post is re-posted in it’s entirety from the Haas Business School Alumni Website here:
A very constructive panel discussion hosted in a Deloitte conference room in the Rockefeller building. Various questions were addressed such as the role of Government subsidies, finding the right balance for legislation that is effective and widely accepted by all agents, making Socially Responsible Investments with desirable returns. The panelists were :
- Deborah Stern, moderator, who started her career at the Levi Strauss Foundation and now leads 2020 Strategies, building business and philanthropic capacity for a sustainable world transition.
- Hank Boerner and Louis Coppola from the Governance and Accountability Institute who shared insights gained from their screening of hundreds of corporate sustainability reports annually.
- Alison Brock, Haas Alumn who serves as Director of Social Impact Strategy for the internationaladvertising agency IPG Mediabrands.
- Richard Rankin, COO of Ardsley Partners, which manages The Ardsley Partners Renewable Energy Fund, L.P – investing in companies that offer a solution to the global energy and natural resources problem.
- Sophia Leonora Mendelsohn, Head of Sustainability at JetBlue Airways